Friday, February 20, 2009

More Makayla

Tessa still loves Makayla and Makayla Love Tessa! :)

I haven't done a very good job on keeping you updated on Makayla. She is getting ready to crawl. She does the army crawl and rolls herself every where. I do like to see her developing, but I had hope to hold off the crawling a little longer. No dice. Tessa started crawling at 51/2 months so I guess I should consider myself lucky.

Doing the army crawl

Makayla loves her food she started eating rice cereal at 4 months by her request and eats tons of it now. I mix it with pureed fruits and veggies, I think the sweet potato's are her favs.

Makayla with her sweet potato's

She still loves nursing, she laughs right before I nurse her. I Love it!! This is kind of a sad thought because I am going to be weening her in a month or two. Oh well all good things must come to an end, so that better things can came.

She laughs kinda like this

She also says Da da, Ma ma, and tons of other cute sounds, but her favorite thing to do is growl. We call her our little Bear (She has a Bear suit that she wears when we go out side. Thank you Cassandra we love it.)
photo courtesy of Tessa

What else, Oh she got her 6 month shots. She didn't like that, it was my fist time there while a child of mine got their shots. I had made Hazen do it up until now but he couldn't miss school so I was stuck doing it. I think I hated it as much as she did. I am not a huge needle fan when it comes to me or my girls. Makayla was a litte under the weather for a little while after, and as soon as she got feeling better we all got sick. Makayla had welts on her legs and bruises for a week and a half :( that was sad for me. Other news from the doctor's visit, she is in the 50% for height and weight.


That may not sound like a lot but following Tessa she is practically a giant. I am amazed that two smaller people like Hazen and I could end up with a child that is holding strong at 50% for either height or weight. So there is hope that she will be as tall as Hazen, but if not she should still get taller than me. So things are moving a long great with Makayla.

1 comment:

Jake Kristina Andrew Grant Alexis said...

What a cutie! Sounds like she's doing great! So sad that kids grow up so fast though!